The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, July 06, 2006

4 more things ...

1. I've always wanted to be able to lope. You know how tall, lanky people "lope" when they walk? I've always wanted to do that. As it is, the best I can do is a healthy sashay. 2. Nobody should be allowed to wear those hideous things called water shoes. Unless, that is, said person is a toddler. In which case, 9 times out of 10, s/he should be allowed to wear whatever s/he wants. Sarai throws a conniption just about every time I tell her that she cannot wear her bright purple Crocs, which, of course, don't really match most of her wardrobe because most of her wardrobe isn't neon purple! Each time I gently say, "Mumma, the Crocs don't match this outfit", she looks at me like I'm extra stupid and says, "But, Mommy ... Pop-Pop bought them", as if this, alone, means they match every piece of clothing in the world. At this point, she can wear the darn Crocs every day if it means that she will get off my nerves ... because, for real? There is nothing like a toddler for being nerve-wracking. Wear the darn Crocs. Wear them. Every day. All day. With orange and blue if you want. Wanna look like Rainbow Brite? Go right ahead. 3. I will not wear open-toed shoes of any sort if my toenails aren't painted. I think it looks unfinished and, even worse, unpretty. And my life is about nothing if not about prettiness. 4. Do not talk to me with your mouth full. First of all, if you start smacking or popping whatever's in your mouth - gum, candy, or what-have-you - I will refuse to talk to you. Secondly, if I can see what you're eating, I will be grossed out immediately and will refuse to talk to you. Either way, the conversation will not continue, so you should have just chewed and swallowed whatever that garbage is before you ever even walked up to me. Nasty dog.

3 Comments:

At July 07, 2006 7:56 AM, Blogger sparkles anonymous! said...

Alright, I admit it:

I LOVE CROCS!

No, I don't own a pair, but I think they are SO DOGGONE CUTE, with their primary-color palette and chunkiness.

Feel free to take away my fashionista-license now.

 
At July 07, 2006 9:36 AM, Blogger Toya said...

I have to admit that they look extra cute on her and I even considered getting a pair ... until I realized that I'm a grown woman, not a child and I would look like a fool in those things.

 
At July 12, 2006 11:08 AM, Blogger Shellee Renee said...

My son likes to wear his "Cars" the movie sandles everyday. I think he actually hides his sneakers so that he has to wear the sandles.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home