The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Monday, June 12, 2006

You know what's not cute?

Pleated pants. They are never a good style choice - ever. They make even the skinniest of people look like they have a poochy stomach. And for those of us with a poochy stomach, they make us look positively pregnant.

2 Comments:

At June 13, 2006 4:07 PM, Anonymous PhillyPhile said...

I had to reply to this because I don’t know your no-pleats apply to men as well. I have several friends who say that pleats for guys are out dated. However, I absolutely cannot wear flat front pants. I have what some would call a country bootie. When I wear flat front pants, which I can only assume were designed on a white guys body, my butt pulls the pants so much that it makes my pockets fly open like dumbo ears. What’s a guy to do, either look like they are stuck in the Aresenio Hall era or become an easy target for pick-pocketers?

 
At June 13, 2006 6:55 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Oh, honey, I feel your pain. As a Black woman with an equally country booty, I understand how may feel that pleats help in that area, but for real? They don't. They just make your booty look bigger. I hope you find some flat-fronts that work for ya. Maybe some of the companies run by black folk? Try Diddy's pants or something!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home