The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A trifling mess!

Did anybody else besides me, Vic and Tonyette see that hot gar-bahge last night that was called "The BET Awards"!?! That thing was a trifling mess, from beginning to end. Damon Wayans is 1) not funny and 2) really not funny. And he became visibly drunker as the night went on. I would have preferred Steve Harvey as the host and that's saying a lot, as I find him to be a spicy bamma. Chaka Khan should be ashamed of herself. She continues to dress like some sort of zoo animal and look coked up and crazy. Somebody needs to tell her. She had her mama there with her, who, by the way, looked younger, pretty and more appropriate than Chaka ... why didn't Mama tell her not to wear that mess? What was it - a bedspread thrown over top some kind of leather contraption that had a tail and showed her massive thighs! She looked like a molting bird! And, if any of us have any doubt that Yolanda Adams has pretty much crossed over, than you should have seen her singing "Sweet Thang". Tonyette's girl, Crystal, tried to believe that Yolanda was referencing JESUS, but when has He ever been called somebody's "sweet thang?" Come on, now. Why does Mary J. Blige look perpetually pissed at awards shows, like she can't believe she even bothered? Um, then don't bother! And, next time, don't wear boots that are the same color as your skin ... I thought you just had really ridiculously shiny, leathery knees! And get some bangs, girl. You got a five head. I have to love T.I. for performing despite the technical difficulties. Speaking of which, if I start sprinkling the words "potnah" and "pimpin'" into my dialogue, you can thank T.I. Chris Brown is a hottie. If I was a teenager, I would sweat him. Although that shiny blue shirt was a bad choice, as was the flying metal basket and the addition of some arbitrary chick from the audience, who, by the way, was wearing formal shorts, which are never a good look. Why did they so frequently show Snoop rockin' out to other folks' music? By the way, Snoop looked slightly embarrassed to like Chris Brown so much. Diddy is just extra. Janet Jackson looked horrified to be on the same stage with the cast of Good Times. She was hoping we'd forgotten about that. Beyoncé's performance was just the tiniest bit wack. When she fell to the floor and started writhing around, that was it for me. Vic actually changed the channel. And um - did Jay actually smack her butt? Yay, India.Arie! (Why does she have a period between her names? My name is now Toya.Reneé) Prince is the hotness! And, I believe, a woman. I really thought he was gonna sing "I'm Every Woman" with them. Yay, Kirk Franklin for saying, "I want to thank JESUS with the way I live not with my words." Um, take a lesson ... all the rest of you! Rah Digga is a dude. ETA: Thank you for reminding me, Tonyette! I forgot to talk about the straight foolishness that was Jamie Foxx and Fantasia! What was that???? Did somebody forget to tell me that they're going out? Or were they tonguing on stage just for G.P.??? What the freak! Fantasia!!!!! If you aren't embarrassed for yourself, I am embarrassed for you! Visible tongue, y'all - with a lip bite at the end, to boot. Can somebody please get them a room??? Just ... why was everybody so obviously high and drunk? It was so tacky and embarrassing beyond belief. Why can't we do anything classy and elegant for once. I know we want to "keep it real" and "represent" and all that jazz, but for real? Why can't we represent in a more mature manner? Do we really have to look like darn fools all the time???

7 Comments:

At June 28, 2006 1:47 PM, Blogger Shellee Renee said...

You don't have to be a teenager to have a crush on Chris Brown. 2 year old (almost 3) Christa Jalyn has a thing for Chris Brown. She is always asking to hear his songs. She has declared that she will name her doggy (when we get a house) Chris Brown. She also likes NeYo. Last night she was hootin' and hollerin' while he performed. This morning she asked who is NeYo's girfriend. She is just too grown.

 
At June 28, 2006 2:20 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

It was my complete pleasure to IM you, and be on the phone with Crystal, for almost all of the show! I pretty much gave the entire thing a YIKES!!!!! And did you just not want to mention Jamie & Fantasia?

 
At June 28, 2006 2:51 PM, Anonymous PhillyPhile said...

I did not get a chance to watch it because it conflicted with Gilmore Girls (I know I can't be any more gay). My TiVo is scheduled to record it tonight. However I did catch Beyoncé's preformance. I liked her mock temper-tantrum on the floor.

 
At June 29, 2006 10:29 AM, Anonymous Londa said...

I agree with you Toyer. This year's show was rather horrid. Compared to shows in years past, this one is definitely at the bottom of the list. I must admit, I do not like Chris Brown, but I thought Busta Rhyme's performance rocked. Must have been the brief Eminem performance :o)

 
At June 29, 2006 8:07 PM, Anonymous koz said...

Was that not the classicest opening to SYTYCD EVER tonight!?

 
At June 30, 2006 2:40 PM, Anonymous flawless said...

Let's give credit where credit is due. Kirk Franklin, Harry Belafonte, and Mary J Blige managed to have class amongst that mess, TI counted.

 
At June 30, 2006 3:17 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Well, I'm not sure that Mary counted, but to each her own.

I did already say "Yay!" for Kirk Franklin, if you see above.

And yes, I always want to give a healthy round of applause to class acts like Harry Belafonte.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home