The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Product Review: MAC blush in Fleur Power

Props to the girls over at DeLush (www.delush.com) for getting an interview with celebrity make-up artist Carmindy of What Not to Wear fame. I love Carmindy and always like to see the transformations of the women who sit in her chair. I appreciate Carmindy's simple approach to make-up - she never packs the women's faces with pounds and pounds of cosmetics; she simply shows them a few products and techniques that will make them look like themselves, only much prettier. That is what I strive to do when I apply make-up to a client - not a makeover, just a toucher-upper, if you will. Anyway, one of Carmindy's usual recommendations is that the client use a pinky-coral blush to add a touch of fresh color to her cheeks. I'd been searching for a similar color for myself and other brown-skinned divas. I noticed that Carmindy seems to use NARS Orgasm a lot on fairer-skinned ladies and I have that and love it, even for myself, but it only produces the faintest peachy glow on me, so I know that, on darker women, it wouldn't show up at all, or, if it did, it would read as ashy, which is never attractive. Lately, I've seen her using a MAC blush (I know I'm not the only one who can tell a make-up line by its packaging, right?), but I couldn't tell which shade. I have Dollymix, which is my absolute fave because I look so pinkly pretty when I wear it, but it's a really true candy pink, not the coral I was looking for. But, yay for the ladies at DeLush, who got Carmindy to mention the exact shade - Fleur Power! Of course, I bought it posthaste and, let me tell you, it is perfect! The best cheeky coral cuteness ever! Woo-hoo! Pick it up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home