The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Friday, June 02, 2006

LVNLAVDALOCA

Okay, what is truly the deal with personalized license plates? Aren't they just the tiniest bit wack to begin with? Doesn't having your personalized plates say (in a mangled way) "Livin' La Vida Loca" just make you look like a sad, nay ... pathetic soul? Now, admittedly, I loved that song (and Ricky Martin ... and, his butt) when it first came out. But, jumping on the bandwagon almost a decade late ... wow.

8 Comments:

At June 02, 2006 1:47 PM, Anonymous rachel said...

Yeah, you probably aren't really livin' la vida loca if you have to advertise it on your car's butt.

 
At June 02, 2006 2:14 PM, Blogger Toya said...

That's *exactly* it! People who have to advertise are clearly not *doing* whatever it is they're advertising! Like wearing pants that say something like "Sexy" on the butt. Um, NO! That is so NOT sexy! It is, in fact, laughable.

 
At June 02, 2006 5:09 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

LOL! So are you saying that my pants that say "Bad Girl" on the back actually tell people that I'm just HOPING to be one by wearing those pants but that I'm actually NOT one? Of course, you are right, but still...no need to call me out like that!

 
At June 02, 2006 8:19 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Oh, Tonyette! I am *so* aghast that you actually own such a pair of pants! The shock ... the horror!

 
At June 02, 2006 9:55 PM, Anonymous koz said...

Don't worry, Tonyette. I still love you. And we can form a "Hated by Toya for our Teenybopper Products" Club. ;)

p.s. What the hell kind of a state accepts 12 characters on its plates?!

 
At June 03, 2006 11:27 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

Koz...was definitely also wondering about the 12 letters! And sign me up for the fan club! Toya...unfortunately, YES, I did purchase such a pair of pants! DON'T ask why! LOL!

 
At June 04, 2006 7:10 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Y'all! Ha! "LVNLAVDALOCA" is only the title of the post! The real license plate said something like "LAVDALOCA".

 
At June 05, 2006 3:04 AM, Anonymous Eve said...

My ultimate license plate pet peeve is personalizing your plate to brag about your car model. Ugh. I see your huge Escalade, I can read the letters on the car AND on your license plate HOLDER, do you really have buy the "eskalad" plate to triple check? I got it!

End rant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home