The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

4 More Things ...

1. I have a ridiculous amount of lipgloss. I have lipstick, but I don't like it so much. I feel that I should have glossy lips at all times - the better to play up the full lusciousness. 2. Last night, I was on the phone with Ericka and her boyfriend for two hours. And I don't think we even talked about anything in particular. At one point, we debated the pronunciation of the names of all the various "peoples" Gulliver met in Gulliver's Travels, particularly whether "Lilliputians" is pronounced "lil-ih-poo-shens" (like Ericka and I pronounce it) or "lil-ih-put-ee-ins" (like Reggie, so very incorrectly, pronounces it). We also discussed how "prescriptionalize" is not a word (again, Reggie). I also got his side of the story of their first date and he offered to cook me a yummy dinner, after I quite pointedly asked him when he was going to get around to it. They thanked me for introducing them, but, to my credit, I didn't take all the kudos and did reinforce that Vic is the one who really introduced them, I was just the one who kicked Vic's butt in gear on that front. I am a great matchmaker, if I do say so myself. Also, I'm wondering why fraternities don't stick to the Old Testament rules of wife sharing ... okay, it's not really sharing, as a man is supposed to die first and then his brother is supposed to marry his wife to continue the family name. But, for real? If Alpha was down with the OT like that, I already know who I would pick to take over as my husband should Victor kick it. Vic knows, too, and is totally fine with it. Actually, I think it's making him ride that stupid motorcycle just a little more carefully, 'cause he knows that I already have my next husband picked out. Never mind that the dude I've picked is currently engaged to someone else - he is a perfect sculpture of a man. But ... not too bright, I'm afraid. He'd be my trophy husband. 3. I need a Cinnabon. I don't just want it ... I need it. Where can I get one? I think the closest place is Columbia Mall and I'm wondering if I'm justified in driving all the way there on my lunch hour to get one. Okay, I'm not justified in doing that at all. But will I? 4. I snapped at one of my co-workers during today's staff meeting. But I don't feel bad because she was being eye-rollingly ridiculous and needed to move on.

8 Comments:

At June 21, 2006 10:37 AM, Blogger Tonyette said...

There's a Cinnabon in COLUMBIA mall! I couldn't remember where I saw one! Now, Toya, you are MY hero!! Thanks!

 
At June 21, 2006 10:42 AM, Blogger Tonyette said...

P.S. Your avatar is hot ISH today!! I think she comes very close to being a "representative" of you--one of the closest times!

 
At June 21, 2006 11:13 AM, Anonymous Londa said...

I agree with Tonyette. The funky fro on the avatar is screaming Ms. Toyer!

 
At June 21, 2006 11:34 AM, Anonymous Mel said...

Dude, are you really going to stop posting "4 More Things" just because you've reached 28?!?!?! I have been cracking up each day. Sometimes it's something I already know and I think "mm-hmm". Other times it's something new that I've learned about you. At all times, it's fun and refreshing. You have a way of being open and honest (about yourself as well as anything else) that most of us lack! Thanks for sharing exactly who Toya is without any qualms.

(I had a little trouble, so I hope this isn't a SECOND post of this message!)

 
At June 21, 2006 1:10 PM, Anonymous koz said...

Mmmmmm Cinnabon. did you go?

Tritto on the avatar.

 
At June 21, 2006 1:27 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Thanks for the props on the avatar! They have a 'fro now ... isn't that hot??? It comes in black, blonde, brown and red. I picked blonde today. We'll see about what color future 'fros will be.

No, I didn't go get a Cinnabon. But maybe tomorrow.

Thanks for the words, Mel. I think I'll keep doing "4 More Things". I'm enjoying it.

 
At June 21, 2006 4:45 PM, Anonymous Kim said...

I always thought it was "lil-ih-pew-shens" ;-)

 
At June 23, 2006 7:27 PM, Blogger Ericka said...

Girl, you are too much. Wasn't that conversation something!? He's so silly! (I like it!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home