The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

4 More Things

1. I have a thing for flip-flops. I don't think you can ever have too many. I have about a bajillion and keep adding to the number. I must have a pair to match every single item in my wardrobe. And none of my flip-flops are "plain". There must be "something" to it - a wedge, a pattern, something. My plainest pairs are Havianas and those have a texture to the inside. Even my black flip-flops have a wedge and sequins. Then there are my ladybug pair, my crab pair, my turquoise pair with the high wedge and lime flowers, my brown leather ones with turquoise beads and cowry shells ... 2. If I had to choose between waffles and pancakes, I'd probably choose pancakes. But it would be a hard choice to make. 3. I don't find Matthew McConaughey attractive. Apparently, I'm one of the very few. I think he looks like he smells. Then again, so does Johnny Depp. But Johnny looks like he'd just smell like cigarette smoke and hair grease. Matthew looks like he smells like butt and armpits. 4. I have a picture of my father at the age of 12, hanging in my cube. Just because I think it's the most adorable picture ever and because, often, I expect a lot out of my father and it helps me to look at him as a boy and remember ... he's just a guy. He's my daddy and a great guy, but just a guy, who was little once and makes mistakes and isn't perfect. But he's still my hero.

10 Comments:

At June 20, 2006 6:56 PM, Anonymous koz said...

LMAO! Matthew McConaughey!! I read an interview with him once where he said he never wears deodorant and doesn't rush to shower. He says "men should smell like men," which apparently to him means stink.

 
At June 20, 2006 7:37 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Ew, Matthew! Now that I know he doesn't wear deodorant, he's even less attractive. Gross!

 
At June 21, 2006 1:51 AM, Anonymous Eve said...

I pictured him smelling of sweat, he obviously works out a lot. Too muscly and apparently even smellier than I had imagined.

Toya - do you wear your flip flops when the weather cools down, or just when it's hot?

 
At June 21, 2006 7:50 AM, Blogger Toya said...

I wear my flip-flops all year long, though, when it's the dead of winter, I only wear them in the house or to and from dance class.

 
At June 21, 2006 9:53 AM, Blogger Amy said...

My old roommate said McConaughey always looks moist. I do not like the word moist.

I have a copy of my Dad's senior year pictures. He was so suave and handsome looking! It helps remind me that my parents are not just on this earth for me (as kids tend to think the world revolves around them) but that they have their own lives and dreams.

 
At June 21, 2006 10:08 AM, Anonymous rachel said...

I am SO with you on Matthew! EWEEE. I love the bit about your dad's photo, too, so sweet.

 
At June 21, 2006 10:34 AM, Blogger Tonyette said...

It's great to know that one of my friends actually considers her dad a HERO! WOW! And to also know that you expect a lot out of him! Again, wow!! Must be a fantastic feeling! As for the Matthew part...TOO funny--but I think he's cute!

 
At June 21, 2006 1:29 PM, Blogger Toya said...

My dad *is* my hero. He doesn't really do "heroic" things, like he isn't a policeman or fireman, but he's my hero because he's a man who has truly changed his life. My father used to be very anger and bitter and antisocial. But, in the last several years, he's become so much more gentle and kind and compassionate. And he has a passion for saving young Black men that isn't equal to many I've ever seen. And he's so brilliant ... I could listen to him and discuss ideas with him all day and not be tired or bored.

He's a great guy and a great example for how to become a better person.

 
At June 21, 2006 1:42 PM, Anonymous PhillyPhile said...

As a guy who avoids bathing on Sundays (its a day of rest) I can appreciate Matthew's non-rush to shower attitude. BTW - Stinky men are the most sexy.

 
At June 21, 2006 3:08 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Not bathing one day out of the week is one thing ... not bathing at all or infrequently (from some misguided sense of "principle") is entirely another.

And dude, whether or not stinky men are the "most sexy" is way debateable. I think you know what side of the argument I'm on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home