The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

4 More Things ...

1. I am insanely excited to be going to New York with Vic this weekend. I think we need this time away - we get to feel young and free and wild and just be boyfriend and girlfriend again. I'm really looking forward to it and he is, too. We don't have many plans at all, which adds to the excitement. 2. I think the perfect PMS snack is potato chips (Utz plain) dipped in grape jelly. See how it gives you both the salty and the sweet? In a pinch, a mini Snickers will do, as will a Reese's peanut butter cup. 3. In college, I slept with a babydoll my grandmother gave me before I moved into the dorm. Her name was Lily Kaylin (pronounced all Southern-like: Kay-Lynn) Smith, 'til I started going with Kamau, whereupon her name became Lily Kaylin Patterson. Sadly enough, he was crazy enough to actually treat her like a baby. Or maybe I was the crazy one for dating someone who would treat a doll like a baby. And wear a dog chain around his neck. And dye his hair orange. And put curl wax in it. Yeah ... I was the crazy one. 4. I've always wanted to be the type of woman who wears hats. But, I tried it for a while and it didn't work for me. They were cute, but I have a big head and it was hard to find hats that fit. Plus, they were hot ... and I hate to be hot. (In the literal sense of degree of temperature. I love to be "hot" as in "sexual chocolate.") And, now that I have natural hair, hats don't really fit right. But, at least, I have a reason to wear headwraps and hair adornments, what with the natural thing and my ATS bellydancing. That makes up for it somewhat.

3 Comments:

At June 14, 2006 4:15 PM, Anonymous Mel said...

On Thing 2, mine was McDonald's french fries dipped in strawberry sundae. WHY did they have to discontinue the strawberry sundae???

As an aside to Thing 3, why was I reminded just yesterday of the "Mau Mau" song? It's been ringing in my head ever since!

 
At June 14, 2006 4:23 PM, Blogger rebelleBAP said...

potato chips and grape jelly? yummy! Mine,lasagna,homemade,eaten all week for breakfast and lunch til can't stand the sight of it and guacamole with lime tositos. my dad called me Garfield the cat last night.:)

 
At June 16, 2006 10:09 AM, Anonymous PhillyPhile said...

I like Ritz Craker and Grape Jelly or Chicken Salad/Sour Cream and Onion Pringles Sandwiches.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home