The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Monday, June 12, 2006

4 More Things About Me ...

1. Apparently, I am the Jezebel among my friends. Not that I'm a whore or anything because I'm not, but it's clear that my friends think I'm someone with whom they can discuss issues of a sexual nature. I think it's because I'm clear that I won't make fun of someone for having questions or whatever and because I treat sex as a natural act ... because it is! I would think that, for all us married folk, we're having sex fairly regularly and, for those of us who aren't married, either you're doing it anyway or you're definitely thinking about it from time to time. So, why are people always acting so freaking shocked that sex comes up as a topic of conversation? And why do some Christians think that one should never discuss sex. I mean, come on! GOD invented sex, people! When the Bible says that GOD brought Eve to Adam and Adam knew her, what do they think "knew" means??? Cain and Abel weren't immaculate conception, folks! Anyhow ... yeah, I'm the one who gets called when folks want to try something new and they're looking for ideas. And I'm always shocked and like, "Why are you asking me???" And the answer is always, "Don't act like you don't know." Because ... yeah. The innocent act isn't working, huh? 2. I'm new to gold. I have always been a silver girl. I've been very set in my ways about what colors I think look good on me - always silver, lots of pink and purple. But then I started reading books like What Not to Wear and realized ... there's a whole rainbow of colors that look good on me and most of them are earthier colors. So, I'm into gold now because it looks lovely with my skin, as does red, orange (Gasp!), olive (who knew?) and brown. You'll be seeing a lot of these colors in my wardrobe. Pink will still be there, too - it's my favorite and I've found that most shades of it make my face look really healthy and rosy. 3. I think Terrence Howard is sexy because he looks like he's just on this side of crazy. Kozbi and I were discussing this last night. She says that Terrence Howard makes her uncomfortable because he looks like he might be a pimp, in actuality. Which ... she's right. But there's something so kind of oily and slick about him that I usually hate, but on him is quite scrumpfy. Like he looks like he whispers lots of dirty little nothings into your ear and has his way with you before you know what happened. And he definitely looks like the slightest thing could send him over the line into insanity. I don't know why I find that sexy, but there you go. Okay, I do know why ... I have a thing for danger. There, I said it. 4. I love to type. I always have - it relaxes me. That's a mundane thing to reveal, isn't it?

5 Comments:

At June 12, 2006 10:11 AM, Anonymous koz said...

What does it make you if you're the friend who takes the Jezebel friend to get her first "toy?" Yikes!

p.s. Has the eagle landed?

 
At June 12, 2006 10:24 AM, Blogger Toya said...

(snort) Girl, please. That was by no means my first toy. It was my first "rabbit." There are several other things in my "toy box." Now getting Vic to play is something different.

And nope, no eagle in sight. Though I hear it's due to land TODAY, since I let the pilot know that there will be no room in the hangar otherwise.

 
At June 12, 2006 11:05 AM, Anonymous koz said...

Oh yeah. Well, so I'm just a Jezebel, too. I can get on board with that.

Well, hmmm. I think the pilot get better himself in gear. This delay in the flight plan is truly disconcerting.

 
At June 12, 2006 11:11 AM, Anonymous Madelyn said...

Can I just say, I love you, Toya. You always make me laugh and I've always been impressed with thoughts.

I thought I was the only one who felt the same way about Terrence Howard. Ever since Best Man, I've found him incredibly sexy. It seems he has just the right amount of thug in him which can be a good thing!

 
At June 12, 2006 11:18 AM, Blogger Toya said...

I am equally disconcerted, Koz. But we have a great trip planned, so I believe all will be well.

Thanks, Madelyn! I'm always glad to hear from you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home