The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, May 04, 2006

You know what irks me?

When people spell the contraction of "you all", "ya'll". People! Hello! Let's review: contraction of "you are"= "you're", contraction of "they are"= "they're", contraction of "you all"= "y'all"!!! Why for the love of GOD, would you put the contraction mark in the middle of "all"???? You're contracting the "you" part!!!! Come on! This is basic, folks!

9 Comments:

At May 04, 2006 2:16 PM, Anonymous Londa said...

Yeah, that bugs the heck out of me too. Having an English degree sucks sometimes because I'm bothered by matters of writing and speech that the rest of the world care nothing about. :o)

 
At May 04, 2006 2:26 PM, Blogger Ericka said...

My exact problem with the blatant misuse of the apostrophe! People don't know that in a contraction, the apostrophe takes the place of whatever letter you're omitting. God knows, I try, but I can't reach the whole world. There need to be public service announcements for the correct usage of the apostrophe. We won't even talk about how people use it to make words plural. It's making me sick!

 
At May 04, 2006 3:20 PM, Anonymous rachel said...

I don't know what yo'ure all freaking out about. Jeez.

 
At May 04, 2006 3:34 PM, Blogger Toya said...

LOL! I love you, Rachel!

 
At May 04, 2006 4:03 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

Londa, Ericka and Toya, but not Rachel (LOL, just felt like being a little cheeky), I'm SO glad to know that I'm not alone in being irked by grammatical matters!!

 
At May 04, 2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Zahiya said...

you know what I hate - when people say ATM Machine - what do people think the M stands for? or TCBY Yogurt...

I'm such a freak

 
At May 04, 2006 9:33 PM, Anonymous cause said...

Know doubt Rachel. I really do'nt sea why theirs an issue hear.

 
At May 05, 2006 7:40 AM, Anonymous koz said...

Toya,
I saw this and thought of you:

http://www.eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml;$sessionid$5ESH3YPE11W5NLAUALJCFEQ?styleid=11053335&_requestid=1714

 
At May 05, 2006 8:34 AM, Blogger Toya said...

It's beautiful ... and ridiculously expensive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home