The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, May 11, 2006

A small thing that made me happy

The other day, when I was marketing, I saw this beautiful hill of fresh green beans. For some reason, I was drawn toward those beans and bought a bagful. Now, keep in mind, I haven't snapped green beans in years, so I have no idea what possessed me. Still, I have been wanting to change my family's diet, so buying those beans was a good first step, as was buying nothing but healthy food choices for the fridge and pantry (Okay, okay ... I bought some Breyer's peach ice cream, too, but I think that can be forgiven). Just now, I was upstairs snapping and washing those green beans and it was such a lovely experience. It took me back to being a small girl in my grandmother's kitchen. At that age, snapping the green beans and sorting through the black eyed peas were the only jobs Grandma would trust me with. I used to love doing it and today I was reminded of that. It's nice when you get an unexpected reminder of the innocent joys of childhood.

1 Comments:

At May 12, 2006 1:18 PM, Anonymous rachel said...

I love this. I think we can definitely find joy in finding and preping healthy food. Enjoy! You will be making new memories with Sarai.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home