The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Rush, Rush

Coming in to work this morning, the hosts on the morning show I was listening to were talking about Paula Abdul for some reason. As I was walking into the building, I started thinking about Paula and how she's won Grammys and whatnot. And I'm wondering, "Why?" Does she have some musical talent that has previously gone unnoticed by me? "Then again," I thought, "I always did like her music, especially 'Rush, Rush'." Then, of course, I started humming the song to myself. Then, I started thinking about the video and how fine Keanu Reeves was in it and how jealous I was of Paula. I actually taped that video. I used to rewind it over and over again to listen to Keanu say, "No." Yeah, I had it bad for that dude. I mean, look at him. Isn't he a vision of loveliness? Okay, admittedly, Keanu isn't the brightest bulb, but ... the man is beautiful to behold.

10 Comments:

At May 03, 2006 9:52 AM, Anonymous Londa said...

Oh, yes...the famous "Rush, Rush" video. I was so privileged to sit and watch with you (over and over) the smoothness of Keanu's "no." What a flashback! :o)

 
At May 03, 2006 1:44 PM, Blogger meimei said...

Oy, I had it bad for Keanu because of that video, too. In fact, I ended up crushing - majorly - on one of my classmates in 8th grade because he looked so much like K. back then! Oh, the hottness...

(PS. One of my friends says that she knows Keanu's auntie - he still has family here in Hawaii - and [allegedly] he's very quiet and gentle in real life.)

 
At May 03, 2006 2:27 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Hmm ... quiet and gentle, huh? I bet I could break that habit.

 
At May 03, 2006 3:03 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

He is a beautiful guy..and sure, he'll probably never be a member of MENSA, but for him to be over 40 and still sexy says something!

 
At May 04, 2006 8:12 AM, Anonymous koz said...

One of two of Mark's man crushes. :) I'll tell him you're joining his club! ;)

 
At May 04, 2006 9:00 AM, Blogger Toya said...

HA! Mark has good taste!

Who's the other one?

 
At May 04, 2006 10:30 AM, Anonymous koz said...

Johnny Depp

 
At May 04, 2006 11:15 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Yeah, Mark! *Really* good taste!

 
At May 04, 2006 3:27 PM, Anonymous koz said...

:D

 
At May 08, 2006 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obsessed with that video. My favorite part was when he was perched on the ledge of that solarium (or whatever) when the bad guys slashed his white-wall tires. The wind was blowing his hair and he looked so wounded. Sigh............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home