The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I'm telling you this because I'm sure it must have some sort of scientific significance ...

Yesterday, I was having a full-blown panic attack. I tried all my usual methods of calming down: deep breathing, talking myself out of the panic spiral, directing a fan at my face to cool me off, etc. Nothing worked. Until I started reading a Grey's Anatomy recap on Television Without Pity. Now, I'm not sure if it was my brain's memory of how good watching Grey's makes me feel or if it was the mental picture of pretty, pretty Patrick of the Beautiful Black Hair, or if the recollection of the choking sobs I couldn't hold back when witnessing the death of Denny, or the gush of "awww!" and "Scrumpf!" that came from me when watching George throw Callie up against a wall and tongue her down. Whatever it was, thinking of Grey's soothed my anxiety-induced feeling that I was in the throes of imminent death. Now, ask yourself ... isn't that proof that it's the greatest show on television?

3 Comments:

At May 25, 2006 9:30 AM, Blogger Fitzgerald said...

Scrumf?? Hmmm..I don't think I've ever made that one before. It's so true though--GA is the best show on TV. I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about that last episode.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

 
At May 25, 2006 10:06 AM, Anonymous rachel said...

glad you found a great cure! :)

 
At May 25, 2006 10:43 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Hey, Fitzgerald! Nice to see you here!

Scrumpf is a word my friend Mel and I made up years ago. It just means yummily hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home