The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Friday, May 05, 2006

The Great Mascara Hunt: Day Four

Today's mascara is Almay intense i-color volumizing mascara in Purple Amethyst. This mascara is designed to be worn by those with brown eyes and is supposed to be used with their other intense i-color products - the shadow set and liner. I have the shadow set, which includes a couple neutral shadows and a lavendar shade, but I don't have the liner. I didn't feel like wearing eyeshadow today, but I do have a purple liner - MAC Eye Kohl - Violet Underground. I didn't think it would be fair to use the mascara without an accompanying liner, since it was designed to be part of a system.

I really like this mascara. I don't think it lives up to its promise to make my brown eyes look browner, but it's still a very good mascara. The dark purple shade doesn't look much different than black to me - in fact, I think it looks darker than regular black mascara. As for volumizing, it definitely does that - I applied two coats and my lashes look significantly plumper. And, get this - it curls! It does a much better job than yesterday's clunker, L'Oreal Panoramic Curl.

This mascara is really, really good. I recommend it!

Product rating: 9. I subtracted one point because it really doesn't do anything to make my eyes look more brown.

2 Comments:

At May 10, 2006 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've just discovered Almay mascaras myself and am really liking them! I wonder if they have anything to make my gray eyes look grayer. Thanks as always for trying this stuff so we don't have to go to the drugstore alone. ;)

(Had to laugh about the supposedly "Great" Lash also -- I've been to a lot of makeup artists and have never yet seen one use it!)

xo
Beth

 
At May 10, 2006 4:01 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Thanks, Beth. I *knew* there had to be someone else out there unimpressed by Great Lash. It's just not great, is it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home