The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Monday, May 15, 2006

The Great Mascara Hunt: Day Eight

I have done it! I have found the perfect mascara!!!! Let us all take a moment. Ahhhhh. Okay, let the review commence. Today, the mascara of note is L'Oreal Shocking Volume. Seeing the ads with Aishwarya Rai were enough to make me want to try this mascara. (Isn't she just astonishingly beautiful?) Anyway, since I was in Ulta, I decided to buy a tube. Let me just say that, initially, I was irritated when applying this mascara. The "tube" is huge and unwieldy, as are the part of the brushes that you grasp. That frustrated me a tiny bit. And, when I realized it was just a primer and a mascara with a comb, I rolled my eyes and thought, "Okay, L'Oreal is biting off Maybelline - twice!" Maybelline has the XXL Volume + Length which is a primer/mascara combo and Lash Stylist which is a mascara with a comb applicator. But, when I applied it ... I actually gasped at the results! It beats the pants off both XXL and Lash Stylist! The primer goes on much more smoothly than the Maybelline primer and the mascara that you apply with the comb plumps and lengthens your lashes to a ridiculous amount! I do not have awe-inspiring lashes, so when I looked at myself in the mirror and realized that my lashes were long, lush, and defined (read: almost fake-looking) even behind my glasses, I was hooked immediately. I am declaring, here and now, that L'Oreal is the best drugstore make-up brand, hands down. Between this mascara and the entire True Match line, I am their loyal servant for life. I have never, do you hear me? Never! felt this way about a mascara before. Product rating: 9.8 - I'm taking off .2 because the tube takes some getting used to. Buy this mascara!!!!

5 Comments:

At May 15, 2006 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried this - and felt like I was wearing drag queen lashes. I could not have hated it any more.

 
At May 15, 2006 10:31 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Huh. Different (mascara) strokes for different folks, I guess!

Hope you find one you love! That's part of what makes The Great Mascara Hunt so fun!

 
At May 15, 2006 2:31 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

Toya, two things! First, I'm always on the lookout for a good mascara behind glasses so I'll be sure to check this out! Thanks! Secondly, I didn't know who Aishwarya Rai was, so I looked her up! She is breathtakingly beautiful and I don't say stuff like that lightly! Wow!

 
At May 16, 2006 6:58 AM, Anonymous renee said...

i love l'oreal, i think its a really great makeup brand, whether its a drugstore or department store brand :)
xoxo renee

 
At May 17, 2006 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am always looking for dramatic mascara. I'm asian and I have short stick straight black lashes, just darkening does nothing for me. This is excellent, I just bought it yesterday because of what you wrote. I bought the waterproof version and not only did it make my lashes dramatically longer and thicker, it holds the curl (I curled them first) and doesn't smudge or flake. And... for a waterproof mascara it wasn't difficult to take off. Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home