The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Great Mascara Hunt: Day 1

The first mascara up for review is Cover Girl Lash Exact. I think this would be described best as a defining mascara. I bought it in "Very Black", as almost all of my mascaras are black. Brown is a little too subtle for me, I've found, but it looks really good on women with fairer skin and hair, like blondes. Since I'm a bleached blonde, I don't count. Anyway ... I like this mascara. I think it took me a few tries for it to grow on me. At first, I was disturbed by the "skinniness" of my lashes when I wore it. Then, I realized, it's not a thickening mascara - duh! I did notice that my lashes look instantly longer, but I think that's more from how the mascara unclumps them and really makes each lash stand out. If you apply more than one coat, it does offer some thickening, as well. I would recommend this mascara for days when you want a more natural look and aren't concerned that it doesn't give that "va-va-va-voom" that some others do. Or, it would work well for ladies who have naturally thick lashes and are just looking for something that will help them stand out and maybe lengthen just the tiniest bit. Though I bought "Very Black", I don't think it did much in the way of darkening, but then again, I have really dark lashes anyway. On the whole, I was satisfied with the product, but not overwhelmed by its fabulousness. Product Rating: 6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home