The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, May 25, 2006

David wept.

So, Taylor Hicks has won American Idol. Soul Patrol, Soul Patrol, Soul Patrol!!!! (Sorry, had to get that out.) I'm glad that Taylor won - Katharine has a lovely voice but there's something about her that just puts me off. Anyway, on to the most important part - Prince was there!!!! His name is Prince and he is funky! (Mel, remember when you used to do "interpretive dance" to "pronounce" his name when it was a symbol? "My name is (flail around aimlessly for a few hot seconds) and I am funky!" Okay, I digress ... moving on.) The rest of the performances sucked all kinds of butt. It was awful. I mean, come on. Katharine McPhee and ... Meatloaf? MEATLOAF???? Really? Really? It was so clear to me that that man was both drunk and high. He's not been awesome since The Rocky Horror Picture Show. Really ... what is the point of him? And, as much as I love Paris, (and Kem, who I've been told sounds like Al Jarreau) what the freak was up with her performance with that wizened old corpse - you know, The Corpse Formerly Known as Al Jarreau. What was that??? And, in other news, when Taylor won, there was a long shot of David Hasselhoff ... crying. Ummm ... David? Do you know Taylor?

3 Comments:

At May 25, 2006 8:44 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

LOL! I thought that because I don't watch American Idol like that, that perhaps I'd missed some BIG reason why David H. was all emotional when Taylor won! I was like "maybe they introduced him as Taylor's biggest supporter" on an episode that I'd not seen! So much for that idea! LOL!

 
At May 26, 2006 12:08 PM, Blogger Fitzgerald said...

Was so hyped to see Prince and although I wasn't an avid watcher of the show this season, I too was glad that Taylor won over the cookie-cutter Kateherine.

 
At May 30, 2006 10:59 AM, Anonymous Kim said...

I'm glad it's not just me that had issues with Katherine. She had a great voice and she was pretty, but I agree there was just something that irked me. I'm not sure what it was, but she just didn't cut it for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home