The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Crime against fashion

There is a lady here at work who insists upon wearing leggings (for heaven's sake!) every day! Leggings with long t-shirts, leggings with short t-shirts, leggings with freakin' orange blazers! And no, she's not some nubile young thing in her 20s who's inexplicably influenced by the "fashion stylings" of celebrities like Mischa Barton, Paris Hilton and Sienna Miller, who have all somehow made a generation of young women think that reverting to the hideous fashion escapades of the '80s is a good idea. This woman is 60 if she's a day! Here's my question: Who's the person that told her that she looked good in those things in the first place? Because, truthfully, I'd like to hit him or her over the head with a stick.

3 Comments:

At May 31, 2006 1:24 PM, Anonymous rachel said...

sign her up for What Not to Wear!

 
At June 02, 2006 8:25 AM, Anonymous PhillyPhile said...

isn't fashion about wearing what you feel comfortable in and what makes you feel good?

 
At June 02, 2006 9:53 AM, Blogger Toya said...

No, not in my opinion. What you're talking about is "personal style", which is different than "fashion." BTW - I do know that leggings are comfortable, as I've worn them out of the house before (to my shame) and still wear them around the house. And, quite possibly, she feels good in them. But they're not flattering and that's the truth of it. Now, I have enough tact to not say anything about it to her face, but that's why having this blog is fine - I can say what I want here. Believe me, I'm sure there are people turning their noses up at what I wear, but I give as much thought to their opinions as I'm sure this woman has given to mine ... namely, none.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home