The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

You know what I appreciate?

Honesty. I appreciate honesty in everyone. Yes, it's painful when I'm disagreed with, but ultimately, isn't it best when folks are honest with you? I'd rather know someone cares enough about me and respects me enough to be honest with me and trusts me to do the same. I do not value relationships that are built on lies. One of the things I love most about Vic is that he isn't afraid to tell me when he thinks I'm wrong or when he doesn't agree with me ... it irks the heck outta me initially, but it is a sign that he knows that our marriage and our love is strong enough to stand disagreement. I just can't get behind lying to someone in order to spare her feelings. Please. We aren't children, folks. There's a place for tact, but beyond that, "softening the blow" isn't necessary. If I don't agree with you ... I don't. Plain and simple. We're still friends. I still care about you. But I think you're wrong. Deal with it.

3 Comments:

At April 04, 2006 10:51 AM, Anonymous Londa said...

I totally agree with you Toyer. Without honesty in the relationship, there is nothing to build on.

 
At April 04, 2006 4:26 PM, Anonymous rachel said...

I pledge you my honesty and hope you will do the same. :)

 
At April 05, 2006 8:15 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Ya got it, Rach!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home