The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Friday, April 07, 2006

Share the cute!

You know what's not cute? Cattiness. Yes, yes ... I have been known to make catty, cutting remarks. I think we all have. If I see a woman who's looking a hot, buttered mess, I have no problem saying so, although I am nice enough to do so out of her range of hearing. I do have at least a modicum of tact. But I am so tired of women who cannot find anything nice to say about other women. I know what it's like - I've been one of those women before. And you know what it stems from? Insecurity. As soon as I started loving myself and finding myself beautiful and dare I say it, fierce, I had no problem sharing the fabulosity with others. Truly secure women aren't nasty. Cattiness isn't attractive ... on anyone. I have this philosophy: Share the cute. I want to spread that philosophy to the female world. If you notice something cute, beautiful, pleasing, fierce, wise, strong, whatever about your fellow woman, say so! You never know what your positive words might do to lift the spirits of the woman upon whom you shower your praise. Maybe she isn't feeling particularly pretty today, but you say, "Girl, that blush is working for you! You have such a healthy glow!" and all of a sudden, she lifts her head a little higher. Maybe she's wondering if her outfit works and feeling self-conscious about it. You say, "I love what you've done with your accessories ... it really brings the look together!" and all is right with her world. Maybe her kids have gotten on her nerves that morning and you say, "I have always admired your ability to balance your work and home life" and she realizes that she really is doing a bang-up job. Not only will you change others' lives, you'll change your own. I'm telling you ... I do it and it works. I feel so much better about myself today than I did years ago. Sharing the cute makes you feel cuter, too. BTW - Have I told you just how beautiful you are? ;-)

5 Comments:

At April 07, 2006 2:31 PM, Blogger sara said...

Dear friend,
I saw your weblog and it was
interesting for me. I hope successful for you.
I would like to introduce an address that you will find very interesting and beautiful templates for your weblog that offer you.
Best Weblog Templates Pack

 
At April 08, 2006 5:19 PM, Anonymous Madelyn said...

You always have such inspiring thoughts, Toya.
I want to start sharing the cuteness by telling you what a kind and beautiful person you are! I feel proud to have known you.

 
At April 11, 2006 3:54 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

Applause, Toya!! You are so right...and YES, cattiness DOES stem from insecurity!

 
At April 12, 2006 1:51 PM, Blogger meimei said...

Toya, I just love reading your blog, and entries like this (and the one about Ericka earlier) just make me smile, a lot! Share the beauty, indeed.

BTW, I'm currently in a similar situation as Poopie right now, and reading what you just wrote about her made me think about how blessed we all are to have such great friends in our life. Thank you so much, again.

 
At April 12, 2006 3:13 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Thank you, too, Meimei. I enjoy your blog and am so glad to have you as a blog buddy.

Fabulous, fierce women like you and Ericka deserve equally wonderful men. Here's hoping that you'll both meet your match soon. And, in the meantime, in between time, having great girlfriends helps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home