The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Friday, April 28, 2006

Product Review: Stila Convertible Color

I think I must be the only person in the beauty universe who doesn't love this stuff. I'd never had much of a desire to try it - I figured, cream blush is cream blush, right? Besides, once Bobbi Brown came out with her Pot Rouge, I was convinced that no other creamy product for lips and cheeks would ever do. I was right. I ordered Stila Convertible Color in Poppy. I'm trying it today. I applied it to freshly moisturized (well, in my case, freshly sunscreened) skin - a few dabs of color from the apple of my cheek back to the hairline and blended in. This is the way I always apply cream blushes. I also used my pinky finger to apply the color to my lips. Right away, I thought, "This color looks great on my cheeks ... not so much on my lips." While it gave a nice, reddish flush to my cheeks, for some reason, the same color made my lips look like I'd been hit in the mouth or something. It wasn't the most flattering shade of red, at all. That was the first disappointment. The second was that I just don't see anything really special about it. Nothing makes it stand out from any other cream blush. Also, after a couple of hours at work, my lips felt really, really dry. I'd had to add another gloss on top to temper the blood-redness (Sephora Super Shimmer - Bronze Beauty) and, once that wore off, I realized that all the moisture went with it. Needless to say, I'm pretty disappointed. I expected greatness and didn't get it. If you're looking for a similar product, I'd definitely encourage you to go for Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. I will give Stila Convertible Color a 2 on the 5 kiss scale: 1 because the red does look nice on my cheeks and 1 because I'm leaving some room for improvement - often, after I use a product for a while, I may change my mind, so I'm giving this a chance to grow on me. If I feel any different about it after using it a few times, I'll be sure to let you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home