The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Ode to Poopie

My cousin Ericka is one of the best people I have ever known. She is not just family ... she is one of my dearest friends and I love her without reservation. She has known me my entire life, through all my ups and downs, and has stuck by me unfailingly. Even when I was a nerdy little freshman, she wasn't ashamed to let me tag along with her and her friends, the mighty mighty juniors. She is kind, compassionate, patient and generous of spirit. She is cute and fun and has her own funky little sense of style that I have always envied. She's a wiz with a calligrapher's pen and my singing voice never sounds better than when it's harmonized with hers. Never has she had the kind of man she deserves - one who is as warm, honest, trustworthy and generally kickass as she is. Just recently, she's met a new guy (which I ever so humbly take all the credit for ... okay, I take 80%, Vic can have 20%) and I hope he deserves her. He better deserve her, or, out of a fit of frustration at the lack of men who are great as she is, I will hurt him ... physically. I'm sure she would do the same for me.

6 Comments:

At April 11, 2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous koz said...

Yay!! Ericka is my favoritest of the favorites. I love her, and I would have her babies if two women could make babies on their own. And if she wanted babies.

Believe you me. No man shall cometh between my Toya and my Toya's Poopie. I will hurt him long before Toya is able to snatch off one of her wedge-heeled espadrills.

p.s. I support this blog post. ;)

 
At April 11, 2006 12:59 PM, Anonymous Mel said...

Yea, Cousin Poopie...errrr...Ericka! Sorry, I got caught up. :)

Toya, look at you sharing the credit with your man! He's really rubbing off on you, huh? By the way, wasn't Ericka at least partially responsible for y'all meeting?

 
At April 11, 2006 2:06 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Kozbi, you crack me up!

Mel - Ericka is 80% responsible for the phenomenon that is Me and the Scrumptious Bumptious - the other 20% goes to Chuck, since he was the one who was Vic's friend in the first place and also called me at work to pressure me to bring my cranky butt to Republic Gardens that night. I had to return the favor - I wouldn't be this happy in my life if it wasn't for her.

 
At April 11, 2006 3:56 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

I will also aid in the physical harming since again, Toya, applause! Ericka definitely IS one of the GREATEST women I know!

 
At April 12, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger Ericka said...

Thank you all. You're so sweet. Toya, I love you infinitely! I don't know what to say. Last night, I actually shed tears when I read this. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This makes me feel really good.

 
At April 13, 2006 12:48 PM, Anonymous Meloni said...

For real, though, Toya...I'ma need for your job to back up off of you some. It's been a whole 48 hours since your last post! They need to understand that you have a public following who depends on your humor to get them through the week. Do we need to start a petition?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home