The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Ode to Poopie, Part 2

Today is Cousin Poopie's 3oth birthday!!! Poopie is known properly, to all of you, as Ericka. I am quite selfish with the nickname "Poopie". Only I and Sarai are allowed to use it, as Sarai has rightly pointed out that Ericka is my Poopie and, therefore, I can decide who is allowed to use the aforementioned nickname. As of now, those people are ... me and Sarai. Not even Victor. He tries it from time to time and is always met with the "death glare". I think he's getting the point. Anyway ... less me, more her. Above is a picture of Ericka. It isn't a great picture - a bit grainy, not very big. But notice that she is dressed quite cutely and she's standing in a saucy pose. I think that pretty much sums it up - she is cute and saucy. And 30! I can't get over how old she is, really. And yes, I understand that 30 is not old and that she's not in danger of keeling over from old age anytime soon. It's just that I've known her all my life and, when I think of us, I always see us as girls, playing together, laughing about boys together, dreaming of what it'd be like to be grown ups. And now, we're grown ups, in every sense of the word. And yet ... we're still girls when we're together. In our hearts and souls, we're still those two little girls who grew up together. Thank you for the past (almost) 28 years of growing up together, Poopie. I look forward to many more years of being "girls". On your birthday, I pray for abundant blessings upon you, from the top of your head to the bottom of your feet. I pray that your heart's desires are granted, that you are loved without reservation and that you love unreservedly in return, that everything you set your hand to prospers, and that all your visions are realized. Happy birthday, Poopie Girl.

4 Comments:

At April 25, 2006 11:21 AM, Anonymous Melissa at DeLush said...

hi tory!
hate to get in your comments like this but we wanted to see if you'd like to do some guest reviews for DeLush sometime! you can email me for more info. ;)

 
At April 25, 2006 11:49 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Hi Melissa!

I sent an e-mail to support@delushmedia.com (I couldn't find your e-mail address, so I hope that was the right one), but in case you check back here ... I would *love* to! Thank you so much for the invitation!

If you need to contact me, you can e-mail me at makedamaysa@gmail.com.

Thanks!

 
At April 25, 2006 9:49 PM, Anonymous koz said...

Happy Birthday, Ericka!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At May 01, 2006 7:20 AM, Blogger Ericka said...

Thank you everyone. I appreciate the well wishes. Toya, I'm speechless. What do I say to such kind words, but thank you? Thank you. And I love that we're family and friends! I look forward to many more years...watching Sarai grow up, hanging out together, your 30th birthday, my 35th...everything! I love you, girl. Thanks for everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home