The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

More of Punky's questions - Answered

Did you really color your hair blonde? COOL! I wanna see that! What made you pick that color? Yes, I really did. Not all of my hair is blonde. I have really chunky blonde highlights. It's quite funky, if I do say so myself. I get bored really easily and don't like having the same style or color for too long. I knew it was time for a color change and, for some reason, I was inclined to go all out, rather than be subtle. I just went to the stylist (a guy from my church) and told him to make me blonde. He asked how blonde. I said, "Blonde blonde. Shock my husband blonde." And this is the result. Sweet. Describe a typical Toya-day. Hmm ... I'm not sure there is a typical Toya-day. But I can describe today, if you'd like. So far today, I woke up at 5:30 AM, picked out and ironed my clothes while Vic showered and Sarai watched TV, snuggled with Sarai while Vic was still showering (I swear, that man showers for a half hour), did my bathroom business, dressed, changed Sarai's pull-up and got her ready, dropped her off at Mommy's, got here to work, checked phone messages and e-mails, and decided that I want a caramel latte (which I'm going to go get in a minute). As the day progresses, I have a meeting with a couple of analysts who need my help on how to move forward with the regulation process; I'll be meeting with my boss re: the chart I update that addresses the Deficit Reduction Act of 2005; I will be updating the Unified Agenda and placing it up on the shared drive; I have to do a monthly report by noon; I'll hopefully get in a brisk walk, either on the treadmill or around the walking trail outside; I also plan to eat lunch at some point. After work, I'll go to Mommy's to pick up Sarai; take her home and get her fed and let her play and watch TV for a while while I write my column for Orientaldancer.net; go to rehearsal for a tribal performance coming up on Thursday; return home and hope that Victor has had the presence of mind to put Sarai to bed, but since that is hardly ever the case, I'll probably have to get her teeth brushed, get her changed into her jammies, read her a story, sing her two songs, go back for just one more hug and kiss and say goodnight to her. Then, back downstairs to continue working on my choreography for an upcoming performance, listen to the music for the tribal performance one more time to be sure I have it straight, see if I can keep my eyes open long enough to watch one or two TiVo'ed shows, head upstairs, turn out all lights and put away dinner (which Vic usually "forgets" to do), set the security alarm, wash off the day's make-up, put on my PJs, set the alarm clock (which Vic usually "forgets" to do), and off to sleep - after I calm down the swirl of thoughts that is constantly going on in my head. And the next day ... I start all over again. Sounds fun, huh?

3 Comments:

At April 25, 2006 8:21 AM, Anonymous Punky said...

Oh Goodness Toya!
You need a vacation! Sounds like an interesting day.
Hopefully, I'll get to see your hair one of these days- before you get bored with the blonde.....lol...

 
At April 25, 2006 8:25 AM, Anonymous Mel said...

Girl, I got tired just READING all that! You do need a vacation. How about Florida? I hear it's lovely this time of year!!! ;)

 
At April 25, 2006 8:30 AM, Blogger Toya said...

I *do* need a vacation, don't I? If I didn't love doing (at least most of) what I do every day, I'd have passed out from exhaustion long ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home