The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It's somewhat disturbing ...

... to see Christopher Meloni reading fairy tales on Noggin. For those of you who don't have a toddler, Noggin is a network devoted to preschoolers. It, and PBS Kids Sprout, are Sarai's favorite TV stations - she calls them her "channels" and throws quite the hissy fit should one of her "channels" not be on the television at all times. Which is why TiVo is such a great invention, otherwise I might not ever get to watch programming designed for someone over the age of 6. She will, however, be sucked in by American Idol or any show related to dance. But, I digress. Like I was saying, it's disturbing to see this dude reading fairy tales to a cartoon bird and espousing the wonders of a child's imagination. Though I'm sure Mr. Meloni is a perfectly nice man and though I find him oddly hot in a dangerous and brooding kind of way, it's impossible for me to look at him and not see the homicidal maniac he played on Oz. Is it just me? Did Noggin really think that through first? Even if you think of him as the character he plays on Law and Order: Special Victims Unit, do the powers-that-be over at Noggin really want you think "hard-nosed cop that catches rapists and child molesters" when you think of their station?

3 Comments:

At April 26, 2006 9:50 AM, Blogger Tonyette said...

Yep, this is creepy! I personally love Noggin--and feel NO shame because I watch it alone--but I also loved OZ and one of my favorite shows is L&O: SVU. So, when I saw Christopher Meloni and Noggin in the same sentence, I was wondering how that might work because I'd never go "Chris Meloni LOVE the kids!" So...please, watch it for me and tell me how he does!(And yeah, he is hot in a weird way)

 
At May 04, 2006 4:40 PM, Blogger Thany said...

I blogged this same thing just the other day!

It is beyond wrong but I'd rather listen to him than the overly fake-baked Kelly Ripa on the Disney Channel telling me to read to my kids.

 
At May 05, 2006 7:47 AM, Blogger Toya said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's weird!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home