The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I love my tribe!

Last night, Brooke graciously opened her home to Kallisti Tribal, so we'd have a place to rehearse for our two upcoming shows. (I can't believe we're doing two shows in one week! The word is getting out about us ... we rock!) It was cool to go there. She has pretty glasses and cute pictures of her and her hubby, Tim, abound. BTW - Tim is a riot! Any dude who would suggest that we do tribal bellydance to crunk is cool with me. Rehearsal was ... disjointed some. There was lots of "Well, how about this!" and "No ... I think we should do this." I felt myself growing increasingly frustrated, but tried to rein it in. At one point, though, it was all I could do not to scream. Thankfully, rehearsal ended and I got in my car and went home. On the way home, I had this thought: "Um, what's wrong with you, Miss Snit Fit?" And the ready answer was: PMS. That bitch. Say it with me, girls. That BITCH! That time has come again. That time we know affectionately as "that time of the month." But I'm thinking ... shouldn't there be a more momentous name for it? Like, I don't know, "The Week of Rage and Pestilence"???? What I love about my Kallistigirls (as I affectionately call them in my head) is that none of them called attention to my obvious pissyness. Nora even complimented me on my leading and thanked me for my dancing. I was shamed into a tongue-tied mess. That, my loves, is the mark of a true friend. Believe me and feel free to ask any of the ones who've known me for years - the best reaction to my moodiness is no reaction at all. Or, you can take Meloni's tack and say, "You're ignorant" and move on. So, thank you all for your patience with me last night. I am so looking forward to dancing with you tomorrow and Sunday. We will knock everyone's socks off! I want you all to know that you each speak to the dancer in me in ways that I can't even express. It's an honor and a pleasure to raq with you.

6 Comments:

At April 26, 2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Tonyette said...

Don't you HATE PMS? I really do! I have it today! I realized it when I almost RAMMED into the front of the car of a co-worker this morning. I was PISSED because he didn't wait for me to back up before he decided to pull in! So for just a minute, I felt the STRONG desire to just take my car and HIT his, over and over with considerable force! But, I refrained! As I stomped away, I starting thinking what might be wrong with me. Ah yes, good ole PMS! But it's good to recognize what it is and then not give in (like you REALLY want to!)

 
At April 26, 2006 10:02 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Girl, that's the challenge - not to give in!

 
At April 26, 2006 10:30 AM, Anonymous N'lita said...

dear girl! all I thought was - oof - T looks a little tired - And by that I don't mean tired :> Then I read about your daily schedule - I guessed it was as much. With a group this big no one can expect everyone to be 100% on allatime, and it was no time to be beating ourselves up. Just building ourselves up! Phweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

 
At April 26, 2006 12:21 PM, Anonymous Mel said...

My crazy Aunt Jean (do you remember her?) calls it the Wonderfulness of being a Woman Week.

 
At April 26, 2006 12:48 PM, Blogger Toya said...

I most certainly *do* remember Aunt Jean. I'm pretty sure her name for it is laden with sarcasm. Because, for real, what's wonderful about PMS and bloating?

 
At April 26, 2006 5:53 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I just thought you were tired and thinking of other things. And then I toss such terms as "crunchy slinky" at you. Poor thing. Don't be afraid to tell us when the PMS attack is happening, we understand.

Lead on, lady!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home