The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The Genius of Michael Jackson

Okay, yes, I am fully aware that this man might be a perv. But you know what? He makes some of the most beautifully harmonic music anywhere. I defy you to listen to "Lady in My Life" or "Leave Me Alone" on headphones and disagree with me. Forget it's Michael Jackson (if you're repulsed by him) and just listen to the music. Listen to him harmonize with himself (!) and tell me that it's not beautiful. You can't! I'm listening to "Leave Me Alone" right now and the background vocals are giving me chills, I'm serious. It's like sex.

4 Comments:

At April 04, 2006 10:50 AM, Anonymous Londa said...

Let's not forget P.Y.T., Off the Wall and one of his later classics, You are not alone. I so appreciate the music of Mr. MJ. Perv or not. Music is music. I never bought into the "he's a perv, so don't listen to his music" ideology that so many people decided to take on.

 
At April 04, 2006 11:50 AM, Anonymous Mel said...

Okay, I like to groove to all the classics you guys mentioned, but for me, the one that is musically beautiful enough to give me chills is "Butterflies". Pure genius!

 
At April 04, 2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Toya said...

"Butterflies" is one of my favorites, too, but though it's on Michael's CD, it was written by Floetry and it's also on their CD, so I count it as one of theirs. Coincidentally, I'm listening to it right now.

 
At April 12, 2006 10:56 AM, Blogger Ericka said...

PYT is my ringtone. You know I love Mike. And I have the DVD of videos. He's a musical genius. It's astonishing how similar he and R. Kelly seem. Good music, poor judgement!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home