The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A flock of questions - answered.

From Kim: Is there anything, professionally or recreationally, you've wanted to try that you've been too scared to try or afraid of what others might think? Really, no. There are plenty of things about my life that I wonder what people think, but I don't let what they might think stop me. Life is too short and you don't get to go around twice. I plan to squeeze every bit of joy out of this life as I can. When I leave here and go on to eternity, it'll be with a smile on my face, knowing I took every opportunity that I was given. Wait ... I thought of one thing. Before I leave this earth, I think I need to skydive. That will be my ultimate triumph over my fear of heights. From Yalonda: Can we have one of your old school PJ parties - but in a hotel? Sure! If I can get Vic or Mommy (or somebody) to commit to keeping Sarai overnight while I party with the girls, I'm all for it! You wanna plan or should I? From Punky (again! - love you, Punkster!): Where are you getting your quotes from (the ones under your avatar)? From a book Kozbi gave me for Christmas/Kwanzaa, African American Quotations, edited by Richard Newman. Great book. From Rachel: What should I throw away of PH's? How do you deal with people who annoy the holy living crap out of you? Do your avatar's outfits reflect what you're wearing? If he threw away your soap dish, I say you throw away his rattiest t-shirt or pair of underwear ... you know, the ones he wears despite your hatred for them. I deal with annoying people by ignoring the hell out of them, literally. I ignore them until all the hell drains out of them or until they leave my life - whichever comes first. I am the Mistress of The Silent Treatment - ask any of my freinds ... or Vic. And yes, as close as possible, my avatar's outfits match what I'm wearing or sometimes, match the "feel" of what I'm wearing. Like today, she's wearing a flowy shirt and flowery jeans and is barefoot. I'm wearing a flowy shirt, peasant skirt, and espadrilles. My outfit has the same casual, breezy, springy, feel. Love y'all!

4 Comments:

At April 18, 2006 5:52 PM, Blogger GC (God's Child) said...

your answer to number one was encouraging. It's something we hear often but we need to hear it often. It's so easy to forget that life is precious.

 
At April 19, 2006 12:01 PM, Anonymous rachel said...

Toya, there has been a peaceful resolution to the soap dish incident. PH delivered it safely back to me. I told him he saved one of his worldly possessions. :)

 
At April 20, 2006 7:40 PM, Blogger Ericka said...

I'd like to help plan the slumber party, too, if you need help.

 
At April 20, 2006 8:50 PM, Blogger Toya said...

I'm sure we would love the help, Cud'n Poopie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home