The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Friday, April 21, 2006

Brooke's Question - Answered

From Brooke: When did you know that you wanted to be a mommy? Do you find that your overall personality changed at all/did you have to change anything to be a mom? Thanks for asking, Brookie! I'm not sure I know when I wanted to be a mom. When Vic and I were talking about children before we got married, our idea was that we'd wait two years. But, for some reason, after we got married, we decided not to do anything to "prevent" it. After we went to settlement on our house, we came home and "celebrated", if you know what I mean and I think you do. And, I believe Sarai was conceived that night. I don't think my personality changed after Sarai was born. I was afraid that it would, so I did everything in my power to make sure that didn't happen. I do think I became more adventurous, as a result of her birth - when I looked at her new life, I thought of all the times I didn't pursue something I wanted because of fear and worry and I didn't want that for her - since I'm her primary role model, I have to be a good example of fearlessness and enjoyment of life. So, that's what I try to do every day.

1 Comments:

At April 22, 2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i know what you mean *wink wink, nudge nudge!!!*

thanks for sharing your story! it's cool that you're more adventurous! i've had a few friends that have become very muted/overly nervous after having kids- you know, the kind that cut out activity and see themselves as sacrificing thier lives for their children *which I don't personally agree with, but to each their own i guess*

anyways... you rule as a mom! i am always inspired by your flair and strength!

brooke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home