The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Monday, April 17, 2006

The bellydance purists would choke!

I was just listening to Christina Aguilera's Fighter on my iPod and it occurred to me ... I could do a kick ass routine to that song. "Makes me that much stronger, makes me work a little bit harder, makes me that much wiser ... so thanks for making me a fighter!" Can't you see it? I'd wear like a black pleather bodysuit with stiletto heels and big ole wings (isis wings?) in like, red, black and silver with fierce dark make-up! I'd throw in kung fu moves and whatnot and lip sync along with the words! I wonder where I could perform some junk like that. Definitely not Rakkasah. Yeah, definitely not Rakkasah. That would be so fun, y'all. I'd probably get my "Black" card revoked for that one. ETA: I've been thinking even more about this. I swear, if I can't think of another appropriate venue for this, I'm going to do it at the agency talent show. The idea of that made one of my co-worker's literally fall out of her chair onto the floor with laughter. I also think it would make lots of sense to add some of my newfound "Ten Commandments"/Nefertiri fabulousness to it and have several greased-up dudes lift me up and carry me around the stage while I scream about how "I remember" all those jerks in my past who've done mean and nasty things to me and then place me lovingly on a silk-covered litter and carry me off stage - in a regal and, of course, fabulous manner. Also ... these dudes will be White. Because if I'm gonna have slaves, I refuse to have Black ones. That is so done.

2 Comments:

At April 17, 2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous Mel said...

Hey, I'm a believer that we should each get at least one "White girl song" pass a year! ;)

 
At April 17, 2006 2:56 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

Mel, I think we are allowed more than one! (or is that just me?) Plus, Christina, to me, she's kind of on the "almost not a White girl" list! And if you EVER did this Toya, I'd DEFINITELY want to be there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home