The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Monday, April 17, 2006

Are her lips moist and red, like a pomegranate?

Vic and I watched The Ten Commandments on Saturday (the original version, with Charlton Heston and the oh-so-yummy Yul Brynner, not that basterdized modernized junk that aired last Monday). It is one of my favorite old movies. Mind you, I love old movies. In the words of Meloni's dad, "That's when acting was acting!" I'm telling y'all ... there is nothing like watching those grand dames of old cinema swathed in gauzy dresses, swooshing dramatically in and out of rooms; always being hugged from the back, so the watcher is treated to all their extra emoting; hearing the zingers fly back and forth between the male and female stars. There's something so sexy and glamorous about it all. Modern movies are nothing like that. I talked along word-for-word with Nefertiri, as we watched the movie. Vic was sick of me. I have demanded that he always hug me from the back from now on. His response was "(snort) Yeah, wait for it." I didn't appreciate that reply. I picked up my imaginary train and flounced dramatically out of the room, his sarcastic laughter left in my fabulous, myrrh-scented wake. He would do well to recognize my regal fabulosity or I might call down a plague of boils upon him.

1 Comments:

At April 17, 2006 1:00 PM, Anonymous Meloni said...

Woo! You are in rare form tody!!! Thanks for trying to get me fired for laughing too loudly in the office. (Everyone around here is so serious that it gets to be depressing. Would it kill you to crack a smile? Geez!) Post on, girlfriend, post on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home