The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Product reviews

Hello, my beauties! Time for more product reviews! I am always on the lookout for the perfect red lipstick or gloss. As a woman of color, I find it hard to locate the exact shade that makes me look both sexy and sophisticated. But, thanks to Tia Williams of Shake Your Beauty (www.tiawilliams.net/blog), I have found the perfect red lipgloss - Tarte Dual-Sided Lipgloss in Bonnie and Clyde. Oh, my Brown-Skinned Beauties, I am so happy!!!! I'm wearing it today and it looks positively luscious, do you hear me??? LUSCIOUS!!! The Bonnie side is a dark red and the Clyde side is a sheer red with sparkles. I'm wearing them combined, but even individually, they're to-die-for. Get them now! MAC Studio Stick Foundation: I use NW 35. I love it, ladies. It works as both concealer and foundation. I don't use it over my whole face, but I swipe it under my eyes, around my nose, and on any blemishes and pat with my finger to blend. It's a great timesaver and looks really natural. Give it a try. Maybelline Lash Stylist mascara: It's just okay for me (tm Randy Jackson). I like the little comb applicator, but doesn't Rimmel have a comb mascara, too? The whole point of Lash Stylist is that the applicator makes it easier for you to manipulate your lashes into whatever shape you want them, I guess. So, I've been doing a flirty little cat eye look by fanning my lashes out to the sides. But, I've done that with regular mascara wands, so I don't see why this one is any better. If you're happy with the mascara you have, don't feel the need to pick this one up - it doesn't lengthen or thicken more than any other and the comb applicator is just a gimmick, IMO. Until next time, loves! Perfume-scented hugs and lipstick kisses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home