The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Product Review

Because my good girlfriend, Yalonda, is an Avon representative, (Let me know if you want her contact info. See, Londy, I'm trying to get you some business! Not that your business wouldn't continue to flourish just on the strength of my ridiculous amount of orders.) I've been testing a lot of Avon products lately. For the past couple days, I've been wearing Avon's Daring Definition Mousse Mascara in Black. If, to Avon, "daring definition" = "lifts and separates", then they have accomplished their goals. I'm wearing two coats today, which I rarely do on workdays, but wanted to test it out. No clumps at all! I like that a lot. Also, I've found that it really "lifts" well, meaning that it curls and lengthens your lashes considerably. I haven't found that it thickens or darkens all that well, but if you already have dark lashes, you probably won't miss those properties. I give it a solid 3.5 kisses on the 5 kiss scale. Perfume-scented hugs and lipstick kisses, girly girls!

3 Comments:

At March 23, 2006 10:51 AM, Blogger Cinthia said...

I noticed that you have Paula Begoun listed on your links. I have to say I really respect this woman and have read all her books. I don't buy any product unless she's approved them. She's saved me a lot of money and hassle!

 
At March 23, 2006 11:04 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Me, too, Cinthia! I respect her desire to educate the public about what we're *really* getting when we buy these high-priced cosmetics. I use quite a few of her products in my skincare regimen, too, and have really noticed a difference.

 
At March 23, 2006 2:07 PM, Anonymous Londa said...

Thanks Toyer for the plug. I'm glad you like the mascara. I'll keep it coming! :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home