The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Can I just say that I kick butt?

(Oh, I am also playing with fonts, as you can see.) Today, I went down to the fitness center with my new iPod (Vic got it for me - don't you just love him? Join me in a round of applause in honor of the Scrumptious Bumptious!) and did quite a brisk walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes (the thing said I had entered the weight burning phase, which was the point). Then what? Yeah, ya guessed it ... weight machines! I rock! So, as I'm chugging along on the treadmill, I was totally lip synching to the songs that were playing on the iPod. Problem is, no one could hear them but me. So, there I was - dancing (throwing in 3/4 shimmies for good measure) and singing along to music that was undetectable to anybody else. I'm sure the other treadmillers thought I'd lost my mind. When I moved over to a weight machine that was in front of the full-length mirrors, I noticed two guys blatantly staring and pointing at me and grinning. And I'm thinking, either they think I'm really hot, really fat, or really crazy. I'm going with the crazy because ... well, it's not fun to think that some random dudes think I'm so darn fat that there's no help for me to be found in the fitness center or elsewhere. Though I guess they could think I'm hella hot ... maybe they likee the dark meat. BTW - I also noticed in that full-length mirror that my new blush (MAC Raizin) is quite flattering as is the high afro puff I'm sporting.

2 Comments:

At March 21, 2006 5:14 PM, Blogger Zahiya said...

you're awesome.

 
At March 22, 2006 3:00 PM, Anonymous rachel said...

Yay, go Toya! Personally, I love seeing someone workin' it and rocking out to their headset at the gym. It makes me happy and I want to give them a high-5 and say YOU GO!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home