The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Friday, March 03, 2006

Boys are stupid, stupid jerks.

Today, I was reminded of 8th grade. When I was in 8th grade, a boy named Bobby thought it would be fun to convince the rest of the boys in the class that my breasts inflated whenever I was angry. So, of course, the boys would conspire to pick on me, trying to get me mad, until I would wind up in tears. This continued until Tadashi came to me and said that the other boys were being jerks and I shouldn't let them bother me. He was right. Bobby did have the guts to apologize to me at the end of the school year. Thank you, Tadashi - I haven't seen you in years, but that small act of kindness didn't go unremembered. And thank you, Bobby - for growing a pair and apologizing. Though it was all your fault in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home