The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Crimson Tide

I am sorry to announce that there is a Menstrual Epidemic. So, okay, maybe it's just me and Rhinestone Cowgirl (http://rhinestone-cowgirl.blogspot.com), but I don't think so. I'm telling you, this thing is world-wide! And if there is a place called Land of the Nasty Bitches (and I think there is), then I am their queen. I mean, really ... I am not anything like this, usually! Okay ... let's tell the truth and shame the devil ... I am a little bit like this, usually, but this is me x100, I swear! The other night, I tried to give Victor a headache through the force of my own brain cells (I don't believe in ESP or any of those other types of things, mind you) because he had the audacity to LICK HIS LIPS while I was trying to sleep! Can you imagine??? I really wanted him to hurt for that. And yet, he, in his infinite awesomeness, laughed at me. He laughed at my hostility! Isn't he the best??? Don't you want one just like him??? I mean, I snarled at my husband with panther-like fierceness and he didn't feel intimidated or turned off at all. He's yummy ... and brave. Things that don't usually bother me (much) are making me angry to the point of violence right now. A girl I know who, on an ordinary day, strikes me as a snotty bitch said something yesterday that made me want to pick her up and hurl her through the nearest window. A friend got up to her same old tricks and I shut her completely down without even batting an eyelash. I am pretty much snitting and huffing my way through life right now and you know what? Though I am well aware that I SUCK ... I don't feel bad about it one bit. Maybe this menstrual stuff isn't so bad after all. I mean, don't you feel that we're all sort of justified in taking one week out of each month to get the aggression out? I'm telling you ... being an unmitigated bitch ain't that bad.

4 Comments:

At February 08, 2006 10:31 AM, Anonymous Mel said...

Dude, I am SO feeling your last two posts! Granted, I'm still in the actual 'pre' phase of my PMS, but I feel my true bitch coming out. So far, I've been trying to contain it, but that's just been making me crazier. Maybe I should just let go, get my aggression out, and feel better. You are my hero!!!

 
At February 08, 2006 10:46 AM, Anonymous rachel said...

How are you feeling today? I think you are right-- there is something in the air. I'm not PMSing but I'm definitely in the moody funk. Oh, well, let's go with it, as you suggest!

 
At February 08, 2006 10:59 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Rachel - I'm still snarly as hell. I don't know what's going on. It's much worse this month than usual, I think. Maybe it's just because I'm giving in to it.

 
At February 08, 2006 11:02 AM, Anonymous rachel said...

Probably good not to fight it now and then. Although maybe not good for those around us... ;) I have zero patience, too. Something is in the air people. Maybe us women need to unite and channel this energy into something positive, like overthrowing the government.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home