The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Friday, February 10, 2006

And yet again ... (a.k.a. All hail the queens)

Mommy just called again (believe me when I say that she calls me at least 10 times a day to tell me something else that Sarai or one of the other kids has done) and told me that she was sitting on the toilet, pooping (! - I hope you're not embarrassed that the Internet now knows that you poop, Ma!), when Sarai actually kicked the door open (she always leaves it cracked so she can hear the kids) and exclaimed, "GiGi! I demand a cupcake!" (Now where does she get that sort of behavior from? - I ask, ever so innocently.) Oh, BTW, I'm now teaching her the words to refer to male and female. She has the "boy/girl" dichotomy down pat. Now we're on to "man/woman." So, the other day, as I'm belting her into her car seat to leave, she says, "Mommy, Brennie's (Brennie is my mother - she alternates between calling her this and GiGi) a woman." "Yes," I say, "And what's Mommy?" "Toya." "Yes, that's Mommy's name, but is Mommy a woman?" "Yes." "Okay, and what's Daddy?" "Daddy's the queen." "Yes. Yes, he is." I now refer to him as Queen Daddy. He is not amused.

1 Comments:

At February 11, 2006 3:16 PM, Blogger Ericka said...

HA! Queen joe and queen victor. All hail!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home