The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Somebody's singing, LORD! Kumbayah!

I am really not the one for the "Kumbayah/I love you, you love me/We are the world" stuff. I mean, "Can't we all just get along?" No. We cannot. I'm sick of that. If I don't agree with you ... I don't agree. If I can't think of anything nice to say ... I'm not going to say anything. I refuse to crawl up into folk's behinds or swing from their nuts just so I can be seen as a "nice" person. You know what? I'm not feeling being nice. And I don't care if you think I'm nice. There's a difference between being genuine and being nice. I am compassionate. I'm generous. I'm honest. But I'm not nice. I'm not going to play nice. I'm not going to be nice. I'm not a "nice" girl. But I am an honest woman. And if you don't want honesty, don't ask me the question.

2 Comments:

At January 26, 2006 1:35 PM, Anonymous rachel said...

"crawl up into folk's behinds or swing from their nuts" LMAO! I love this. I almost choked on my lunch reading that. I'm with you-- genuine over nice any day of the week.

 
At January 26, 2006 5:12 PM, Anonymous Madelyn said...

So true, Toya. Give my genuine! You can sense fake people from a mile away. Your ass statement was super funny, I'll have to use that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home