The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Monday, January 09, 2006

Product Reviews: Revlon Fabulash mascara, True Match Super-Blendable Powder and Super-Blendable Blush

Hello, Beautiful People! Yesterday, I did one of my famous drugstore runs! Leave it to me to find all the Best Bargain Beauty Booty! Of course, I went there, supposedly to buy Pull-Ups for Sarai (which I did), but also managed to leave with a little sumthin' sumthin' for Mama! So, yesterday, I bought: Revlon Fabulash Mascara - Black, L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder - Warm, L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Blush - Sweet Ginger. The Reviews: Revlon Fabulash - Black: Okay, this is my new favorite everyday mascara. I am still a big fan of Cover Girl Fantastic Lash - that's a great mascara and does really well at thickening and curling the lashes, I've found. But, for my money, if what you're looking for is lengthening and separating, Fabulash is it! The brush is so much better for making sure there's no clumps - the bristles are more widely spaced than other mascara brushes. Plus, on one silly little note, I really like the tube. It looks sleek and elegant - a little more "ritzy and expensive." L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder - Warm 8 Creme Café: I have made no bones about my love for the L'Oreal True Match line. I think L'Oreal has really hit on something - the feel of the products is elegant and stands up to the more expensive department store/bourgie brands and the color options are beautiful. As a woman of color, that is very important - few foundations/concealers are made to really address our skintone issues, not even the lines that are supposedly formulated for women of color. I have used L'Oreal True Match Foundation, Super-Blendable Powder and Concealer in Neutral 8 Cappucino/Neutral Medium/Deep to much success. Yesterday, Kim told me that she'd always thought her skintone was Warm, but had found that, when trying the L'Oreal True Match, Cool looked better on her. Having always used Neutral and been pleased with it, I decided to try the Warm option of the same "deepness" level and see if I could tell a difference. Well, I can ... and I am blown away. The Neutral, like I said, was great. I felt that it matched my skin better than any other foundation/powder/concealer I've ever tried. But, with the Warm option, not only did it "match" my skin ... it "replicated" it. It's not just the color that was matched, but the tone. Ya feel me? It's the same brown in color, but also achieves the same "goldness" that's naturally present in my skin, sans make-up. Y'all, I am impressed. I cannot say enough. There are no words. L'Oreal has me in their fan club for evah, just on the strength of the True Match line. Speaking of which ... While, I was in front of the L'Oreal True Match display, I decided to try the L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Blush. Each "tone/level" has a blush designed to go with it. I looked at the choice for Warm 7/8 and didn't like it, so I picked up the one for Neutral 7/8 Sweet Ginger. Love it!!! It looks on one's skin exactly as it looks in the packaging - a soft, earthy reddish-brown. When I applied it, it blended into my skin quite beautifully. It just gives a really nice flush, without looking "blush-like." I would not suggest it for stage or for nights when you're going for glitz and glam, but for a workday or weekend when you want to look fresh and natural? Thumbs way up! It's a "I've just taken a nice, brisk walk" kinda effect. It will be a staple. Give the above products - in your own "tone/level" and color choice - a try, my beauties! Perfume-scented hugs and lipstick kisses!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home