The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Product Review: Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin

The last couple of days, I've been washing my face with this. I tried the regular Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, which I liked, but noticed that it didn't remove make-up very well (I'd have to use a baby wipe first to remove the top layer of make-up and then still cleanse twice with the Cetaphil) and it felt too thick for my oily skin. So, after reading Paula Begoun's recommendations in Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me, I decided to try the one specially formulated for cleansing oily skin. It works much better. It removes make-up quite easily and has a lighter, more gel-like texture, which is more suitable for oily skin. The only problems are small: the pump dispenser (which I usually like) only allows for a small amount of product to come out at a time - not enough to cleanse properly - I've found that I have to use about four pumps to adequately cleanse my skin. The other problem is the scent. After having been used to using Paula's Choice products and the regular Cetaphil, I've grown accustomed to unscented cleansers. The Cetaphil for Oily Skin is pretty heavily scented. It's not an unpleasant scent, just fairly strong. So, there you go ... I give it four kisses on my 5 Lipstick Kisses Scale. Minus a half kiss each for the pump dispenser and the scent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home