The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Sleepless night

It is after 3:30 AM and I am up. Sarai hasn't been sleeping tonight and she looks like she has no intention of doing so. I feel like I'm losing it. We've done this sleep routine thing before. I've been really good with it. I've done the whole Supernanny thing and it's worked before. But tonight, I'm just beyond that. I just can't do it tonight. For hours, I've been trudging back and forth between my bedroom and Sarai's bedroom, quietly putting her back in her bed. And now, I'm up. And I'm supposed to be going to 7:30 AM service. How am I going to do that? The alarm will go off at 5:45 and, most likely, I'll still be awake. I'm trying so hard not to be angry with my child. She's only 2 and it really isn't her life's purpose to stress me out and make sure I never sleep again, is it? And, even if it is, I have to love her, right?

1 Comments:

At December 12, 2005 6:50 PM, Anonymous Punky said...

It is SO nice to know I'm not alone...I definitely understand what you are going through. I can count on one hand how many times Donnie has slept through the night sice he's been born. Now that's crazy!... When do the sleepless nights end?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home