The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Rhapsody in black

My costume arrived today. (Veiled Intrigue on www.dahlal.com) I just came from trying it on. I just want you all to know that I am almost in tears as I type this. I didn't really believe it when Lotus told me that, the first time I wore a professional costume, I would feel like a princess. But she was right. I was so worried that the dress wouldn't fit properly, but it fits like it was made for me! This must be what stars feel like when designers make the most magnificent gown specifically for them. Being a not-wealthy woman, I've never had anything like this before. The only thing I can compare it to is how I felt on my wedding day - I felt just as beautiful and magical and perfect. I swear, if Vic and I ever decide to renew our vows - I'm wearing this dress, I don't care how "inappropriate" it might be. The pictures absolutely do not do it justice. It is so heavily beaded and sequined and fringed that I was stunned. My mother gasped when I walked out in it. Oh my GOD. I just don't know what else to say. Yes, I do ... it's a vision. It's a confection. I wanted to lick it. There, I said it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home