The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Sunday, December 04, 2005

My first solo!

It was one of the best experiences of my life! My costume was hot as fire (although I had a very small costume malfunction - the coin bra slipped - thankfully, I had two other layers underneath - I'm a smart girl)! The music was rockin' (and it's Sarai's favorite song, too, so she was very excited). And I remembered my choreography - thank You, GOD! I didn't get nervous until just about when I stepped up on the stage. But, as soon as I started, I calmed down - I couldn't believe it! I rocked that stage!!!! Yeah!!! Makeda Maysa' in the house!!!! For the rest of the night, I got so many compliments - Na'lani and Lotus were beaming like proud mamas. Lotus even asked me if I was going to do that piece in her show, she liked it so much. (I'm not, though. I'm going Lebanese for her show.) People told me I rocked and that they couldn't believe it was my first show. Even Vic liked it - and bellydance is definitely not his thing. I have to say, though, the best compliment of the night came from a Middle Eastern lady, who said to me, "Never stop dancing. Watching you made me happy." Even thinking about it is making me tear up. Thank you so much for all of your support and love and well wishes. I could feel them.

7 Comments:

At December 04, 2005 9:43 PM, Anonymous kim said...

And may I just chime in to say that you were awsome, Toy! You were the total package. There's nothing more enjoyable that seeing a performer who you know is enjoying herself, ya know? I'm just so proud!

Also, you need to give Sarai a solo in the next hafla. She was working it! We were cracking up because she was so into it, and she had her serious game face on. Sarai had a captive audience and was even caught on video. And did I hear something about her first tip? :-)

 
At December 05, 2005 9:35 AM, Blogger Zahiya said...

OHHHH! I'm so sorry I couldn't be there! I bet it was fabulous !

 
At December 05, 2005 10:38 AM, Anonymous nicole said...

it sounds like it was awesome. i am so happy for you! just to hear you talk about dance gives me goosebumps... i can't imagine witnessing it in person.

you rock!

 
At December 05, 2005 2:17 PM, Blogger Tonyette said...

Toya, what song did you dance to? I knew you'd be incredible simply by the passion that you have for it! And what a fabulous compliment from the Middle Eastern woman! Great job!!

 
At December 06, 2005 9:39 AM, Anonymous koz said...

Woooo!! Go you. I can't wait to see you.

Glad you were prepared for the wardrobe malfunction! D'oh!

 
At December 06, 2005 9:39 AM, Anonymous koz said...

Woooo!! Go you. I can't wait to see you.

Glad you were prepared for the wardrobe malfunction! D'oh!

 
At December 07, 2005 10:38 PM, Blogger Ericka said...

Oh, girl, I am so proud of you!!! And is it normal for me to miss you and Sarai as much as I do?! God, bless me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home