The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

You know . . .

. . . I was going to write a long post about how Sarai drove me crazy yesterday and how sometimes I think that I don't want to have any more children because I don't know how I'd be able to handle it with more than one. But then, I heard about something that made me realize that there are too many women in this world who don't love their children, don't appreciate them and treat them unkindly and with utter disrespect. And I realized that I am not one of those women, nor do I want to be one. So I will not put out into the atmosphere anything negative about my child. Sarai is wonderful. Her life is a miracle. She is loving and sweet, she is compassionate and thoughtful. She is brilliant and mind-blowing and awesome. And, even on her worst days, she is magnificent. I could not ask for a better daughter and I could not be prouder to be her mother. And it kills me that everyone in the world doesn't feel that way about his/her child. And it kills me more that every child in the world doesn't feel as loved, as respected and as cherished as I make my daughter feel every day.

2 Comments:

At November 09, 2005 2:32 PM, Anonymous rachel said...

You are giving Sarai a gift greater than you will ever know. I'm sure it isn't my place, but I'd like to thank you on behalf of her adult self and her future spouse. You are an incredible mom!

 
At November 09, 2005 2:47 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Thank you, Rachel. That means a lot to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home