The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Monday, November 28, 2005

Scary

This morning, at about 5:30, I heard a car peeling off down the street. I was half asleep (I went to bed late, so I slept later) and Vic was in the shower. I thought maybe I'd overheard something from the TV or I was in a dreamlike state, so I didn't pay much attention. At about quarter after 6, the neighbor from a couple doors down came knocking. Turns out, I hadn't dreamed the car sounds. His wife had been up preparing for work and had been looking out of the window. She saw a black pick-up truck parked behind her husband's car and noticed one of the passengers checking his car out, as if they had intention of stealing it. When the passengers noticed that she was looking, they sped off. She called the police and was able to give them a partial license plate number. The truck was found abandoned in another part of our development - turns out, it had been stolen. Weird. I'm glad that I always make sure to lock the car and put the Club on before I come in the house. Vic is going to be more careful about doing that, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home