The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, November 03, 2005

I truly love my husband.

Yeah, he's cute and all, but that's not the only reason why. Right now, I truly love that man because he heard me. Yesterday, I wasn't "feeling like myself" all day. I felt very scattered and distracted. By the time he got home from work to come to Communion with Sarai and me, I was in tears. Nothing awful had happened - I was simply feeling exhausted and overwhelmed. So, I just burst into tears on his shoulders and he held me and let me cry and he listened. He listened, even though I wasn't really saying anything coherent. He listened and somehow he heard me and understood. We were able to have a very important discussion and truly talk about some things that we've both been sweeping under the rug and came to some decisions. I felt like we were being partners last night - like we both recognized how much the other contributes to the relationship. And that was special for me. He doesn't suck, huh?

1 Comments:

At November 03, 2005 12:49 PM, Anonymous rachel said...

that's wonderful. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home