The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Gluteus Maximus

When I got back from lunch, I walked into the elevator with a man I've never seen before. That's not too rare - we have lots of contractors who work here and they switch up every now and then. We did the customary head nod and rode up in silence. I'm thinking to myself, "Dude, did you bathe in your cologne?" (I'm telling you, it was a new species of stink.) Anyway, as I got off on my floor, I had the distinct feeling that he was watching me. I turn and glance over my shoulder and he has his head out of the elevator - looking at my ass!!!! Can you believe it??? That was all kinds of pathetic. I mean, you could expect that kind of thing from a teenager or even a college frat boy - but some dude who's clearly on the other side of 40? Come on, now.

4 Comments:

At November 01, 2005 2:30 PM, Anonymous Mel said...

Time may heal all wounds, but it does nothing for male ASS-ininity! They don't outgrow that s---!!!

 
At November 01, 2005 2:32 PM, Blogger Toya said...

Apparently.

 
At November 03, 2005 10:00 AM, Anonymous PhillyPhile said...

Toya,

It's true. Men don't outgrow this fettish. Only difference is that older men don't make it so obvious at times. Howevre being a man, they do it blantly in front of me and I've notice all kinds. Young men, Old men, seniors, Homeless, the meantally ill, and worst of all toddlers with their parents encouragement "Lil Ray-ray loves women with big buts. It's so cute. He gets it from his father." Someone should ask the same lady if she enjoys being objectified by men because that is how she is raising Ray-ray to act. I think you should have checked that guy. Until men are told that it is unaccpetable then they will continue because a) they can or b) they feel like this is what they are supposed to do.

The sad thing (at least for me) is that gay men are starting to do it too. Hello I am not a peice of meat. My eyes are up here, you will not learn anything about me from back there, unless I had mexican food last night. I am quick to check someone. Come to be correctly, or don't bother.

 
At November 03, 2005 10:20 AM, Blogger Toya said...

That's a thought. I think you're right - I *should* have checked him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home