The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Friday, November 18, 2005

Baby neck

A few days ago, a co-worker and I got on the subject of babies. I mentioned to her how addicted I am to smelling Sarai's neck (I'm addicted to smelling the neck of any baby, actually) - she smells like "baby" still, even though she's technically a toddler. I feel I need to sniff her as much as possible before the newness wears off. Because, of course, adults don't smell like "baby" at all. I wondered out loud why babies smell that way - so good and clean and "new." She replied, "They smell like GOD." I like that idea. Babies are newly arrived - they're the closest things to GOD . . . and they smell like Him.

2 Comments:

At November 18, 2005 3:14 PM, Blogger Ms_Kenesha said...

That is such a sweet idea. Babies smell like God! Oh man you just hyped up my baby fever by 10 degrees!

 
At November 21, 2005 2:20 PM, Anonymous Mel said...

You know, I mentioned baby neck to a pair of my (male) coworkers and got the blank stare. Even though they both have kids, they were clueless as to what I was talking about. They see things so differently!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home