The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Yippee and wahoo!!!!

I am typing this post from my brand-new laptop!!!! Yay!!!! I absolutely love having my own laptop, as you can imagine. Still . . . dial-up sucks. I'm getting broadband as soon as possible. Today I was off (as I was yesterday). Mommy wanted Sarai to come over this morning, so that was good. I was able to sleep in some and do some housework. Fun. Not. Nothing sucks worse than cleaning the bathroom. But it has to be done and it's certainly not going to be done by Victor. I mean, GOD forbid that he should scrub a toilet. Though one has to ask oneself why I should be the one scrubbing the rim of the toilet when it's plain to see that I sit when peeing, so any stray drops of pee that land on the seat could not possibly be mine. I mean, to me, it's like asking him to wash my panties. He doesn't wear the panties - he shouldn't have to wash them. I don't piss on the seat - I shouldn't have to clean it off. Seems perfectly logical to me. And yet, somehow that logic has missed my husband entirely. Oh, well . . . I guess it's a fair trade . . . he's never made me clean out the Diaper Genie. Na'lani Dahlal and I finished my first choreography tonight. Admittedly, she did the bulk of the work, but I did throw in some of my own moves. She even told me my moves are hot! Whoo!!! So, until the December Five Seasons hafla, I'll be working on tightening things up - adding facial expressions, making sure my arm movements are good and graceful, stage presence, etc. And, she told me today that I apparently offered to do a solo piece in Lotus' December show. I don't remember that. I distinctly remember asking if I was good enough to be included in the ensemble pieces when I was studying at El Mishaal and Lotus told me I was. However, I think what brought about this turn of events was the Suhaila show. I saw Lotus afterward and she said to me, "You have to dance in my December show!" Of course, I said, "I sure will!", but I thought she was still referring to the ensemble pieces. Apparently, I committed myself to solo. Good LORD. At least I'll have the Five Seasons under my belt beforehand. But I have to say . . . I'm more nervous about Lotus' show. Thankfully, my troupe girls will be there, since Zahiya Tribal also has a slot to perform. (Insert zaghareet!) So, I'm getting out there. I am a bellydancer. Can you believe it? p.s. For any interested in bellydance and want a fun, easy read, pick up Snake Hips by Anne Thomas Soffee. It's awesome.

2 Comments:

At October 12, 2005 9:54 AM, Anonymous koz said...

You must get DSL! So much cheaper than cable and just as reliable. Plus, that, with a wireless router, and you are so set to bellydance all over the house while blogging!

 
At October 12, 2005 3:06 PM, Blogger Toya said...

I'm am *so* getting DSL! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home