The Life of a Ladybug

live with intention. walk to the edge. listen hard. practice wellness. play with abandon. laugh. choose with no regret. continue to learn. appreciate your friends. do what you love. live as if this is all there is. -mary anne radmacher

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Things to Do Before I Die

(I think this'll be an ongoing series for me, as I think of more and more things I want to do in my lifetime.) 1. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. I truly think NOLA will rise again. I've always wanted to go to Mardi Gras and I think I'll finally do it. 2. Snorkel. I couldn't get anyone to go snorkeling with me when we were on the cruise, but on my next opportunity, I'm going for it - even if I have to do it alone. 3. Go to the top of the Empire State Building. Years ago, my father took Michael to the Empire State Building and they were able to stand out on the platform and gaze upon NYC. I didn't go because my dad knows about my height phobia and knew that I wouldn't go up that far. He was right - but I was still so sorry to miss that. What a memory - my dad and my brother. . . having that experience together. I wish I had been there. One day, I will do it . . . I will scale that "mountain", just to say I conquered my fear. I hope that my dad and my brother will be with me when I do. 4. Be on Oprah. Just because. No matter how irksome the O can sometimes be, one has to admit that she has a degree of fabulousness that most of us do not. I will be on the Oprah show one day . . . hopefully, as one of the hateful bitches that make out like bandits on her "Favorite Things" show. 5. Dance at Rakassah. I don't know that I ever will, but I'm shooting for it. Right now, that would be "it" for me. I'd feel like I had made it.

4 Comments:

At October 13, 2005 10:18 AM, Anonymous koz said...

"one has to admit..." MY EYE!!

And you forgot #6, smack koz's ass. Oh wait, I guess you aren't listing things you've already done.

 
At October 13, 2005 10:28 AM, Anonymous Mel said...

I think you should make #1 a group trip! After Hurricane Katrina, Mantell and I kept saying how we never made it there. Another bonus to going together is that we can separate from the boys when it's time to get our beads!!!

 
At October 13, 2005 11:43 AM, Blogger Toya said...

Mel - I am *so* down with that! I would love to make it a group trip!!! Soon! Let's plan for two years from now, maybe? And let's leave the kids at home!

Koz - (Snort!) You're so awful!

 
At October 13, 2005 8:51 PM, Blogger Ericka said...

I want to be one of the hateful beeeeees on Oprah as well. I love Oprah. Yeah, she's fake and phony. But she's rich and generous. Who can hate her?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home